Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Spellbound-Legend by Claudy Conn (Legend Series)



3 Stars

Short Summary (I hope this doesn't confuse you):
Maxie is a modern day look alike of a long deceased relative (also Maxie). Julian was once engaged to the first Maxie and a tragedy resulted in her death and his removal from this realm to the fae realm for many centures. The culprit responsible for this tragedy just got released from her exile and still has delusions of true love for Julian. Maxie (modern day/alive Maxie) is swept up in this drama as she finds her heritage results in her being a druid and also a seer. Maxie is thrown together with Julian (who can't stand her and she painfully reminds him of his Maxie and all he lost). The Prince of Dagda has a thing for this Maxie also and (you guessed) and love triangle ensues.

I loved the idea of this book, but I just had such a hard time getting into it. I started reading it two separate times only to set it aside for months before finally finishing it. I love reading about the fae and usually love anything they are in. I like the Prince of Dagda, but his obsession with Maxie just wasn't very convincing. When he was around her, it was believable, but we got the story a few times from his POV and at that point I couldn't believe his feeling for Maxie were anything deep.

I didn't really enjoy Maxie and Julian as characters. I didn't find anything about them endearing and many, many times Maxie would severely annoy me. The ending, which included a fight/battle, that the entire book was leading to, happened in just a few pages and was over very quickly. Very anti-climactic. I don't particularly want to read the next book, but I am glad that I finished this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment