Thursday, October 18, 2012

Rock Chick Reckoning by Kristen Ashley (Rock Chick #6)



4.5 stars

Where to begin...

Obviously (as stated in the book summary) this is Mace and Stella's story. It was really good (which is why it gets five big beautiful stars), but if I could I would give it 4.5 stars. It wasn't my favorite of the Rock Chick series, but it wasn't my least favorite either.

This book had alternating first person POV, which is different than the rest of the Rock Chick's (which is always first person POV but always for one person). Because of this we got a look at the Hot Bunch sans Rock Chicks at times (not as much as I would have liked though), and also small glimpses into Roxie/Hank, Indy/Lee, and Jules/Vance. Whenever it switched to a different Rock Chick I always got annoyed and wanted to get back to Stella, but by the end of each mini episode I was digging it.

There was an epilogue which was a little different. It did a look into the future about five years and gave an update on all the Hot Bunch/Rock Chick couples. I liked it, but at the same time I was saddened.

There wasn't as much action in this book, which is my biggest complaint. I loved the story between Mace and Stella and maybe because of Mace's past the author didn't want to put him through any typical Rock Chick stuff and have to save her, but I missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment