Thursday, October 18, 2012

Rock Chick Rescue by Kristen Ashley (Rock Chick #2)



I ripped right through this book in two days. I believe it is something like 500 pages! Needless to say there wasn't a whole lot of laundry washing itself. Of course, at this time I am already 20% through Rock Chick Redemption. The entirety of July's book allowance is being spent on this series. I don't want to think about where I'll be when the allowance is gone, August will still be weeks away and more Rock Chick's to read!

Rock Chick Rescue is the story of Jet and Eddie. We met Eddie in Rock Chick and I definitely wanted to hear his story. Jet is a super cool name but I believe her real name is Henrietta or something. Jet is used to taking care of everything all by herself. She was working two jobs and trying to take care of her mom who had a stroke eight months ago. This was going ok, until her dad shows up in town (and while it is clear he loves her, he is still a bum) and he brings a heap of trouble on Jet.

Jet has a hard time with Eddie because she thinks he is out of her league and just looking for someone to rescue (hence the name). She tries to push Eddie away, and Eddie just keeps coming. I loved the beginning when they are dancing around each other. I loved Jet and that she didn't know how pretty she was. It was sweet seeing her realize that she had a bunch of friends who wanted to help her.

I still loved Tex in this, but I also loved Tod and Stevie, Ada was hilarious, I loved Eddie's mother, Blanca, and (surprisingly) I loved Daisy. I loved Mace and Vance and I looked ahead and I see I get to read their stories so I am pumped about that.

The ending was a little weak to me. Jet decides to end things and for no apparent reason, I needed a bigger reason than the same old stuff she had been saying, but then Jet says, "I love you" and Eddie just thinks this is cute. However, since I have started #3 then I can see that Jet and Eddie are still sorting their stuff out in this one, so I will forgive Kristen and trust that she has a master plan in place here.

The only thing I found annoying with Jet (it seemed that others found many things annoying with her, but I liked her a lot) was her tendency to say:
"No."
"No, No, No." and often.

No comments:

Post a Comment