Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley (Dream Man Series #1)



So many people have raved about Kristen Ashley's books and I finally decided to read one. I was blown away. I'm still living in Cabe and Gwen's world.

Summary:
Gwendolyn Piper Kidd is a book editor. She went through an ugly divorce. She loves her father and step-mother. One night, she meets a man in a bar and he goes home with her. She doesn't get his name and he is gone by the morning. Then this continues to happen for the next 1.5 years! No name, gone by the morning.

One of Gwen's sister's friends (friend's name is Darla, sister's name is Ginger) shows up on Gwen's door and freaks Gwen out. Ginger is in trouble (again). Gwen tries to figure out what is happening and try to help and in the process puts herself in the line of fire. At this point, Gwen's mystery man shows up and demands that Gwen drop the Ginger stuff. Mystery man starts investing much more time in Gwen that slipping in at night.

The rest of the book is about the adventure of trying to help Ginger while keeping Gwen safe and Gwen and mystery man's growing relationship.

Mystery man (Cabe "Hawk" Delgado) is the ultimate alpha male. I liked this more than I thought I would. I thought I would be annoyed, but Kristen Ashley did it in such a way that it was almost endearing. He always referred to Gwen as "babe". When Gwen would be upset and ask Hawk a question, sometimes his entire answer was, "babe". This made me laugh! I did like that Hawk called her "babe," but it got old that everyone seemed to called everyone else, "babe". One person using that term can be funny and just part of their personality, but everyone was too much.

I read this one in three days. I can't wait to read the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment