Monday, March 18, 2013

What am I reading?

So I was trolling one of my favorite author's blog's, Tammy Blackwell, and she was listing some of her favorite reads of 2012 and I came across Tessa Dare.  I had never read anything by this author before and tried it out.  I AM HOOKED!  She is so funny.  I am reading, A Night to Surrender (this is a link to amazon for the e-book which costs only $2.99!), book 1 in the Spindle Cove series.

Here is one passage that made me chuckle.  Susanna came over a hill after hearing an explosion.  Bram tackles Susanna to keep her out of the path of the explosion.  Oh, I forgot to mention, the men were using blanks in order to scare a bunch of sheep that were in their way (men!) so Susanna has just asked him what he was doing:

"Isn't it obvious?" His tone was grave.  "We're bombing the sheep."

So Susanna has decided he must be addled from the war and responds:

"Don't be frightened," she said in a calm, even tone.  "All is well.  You're going to be just fine."  She cupped his cheek and met his gaze directly.  "The sheep can't hurt you here."

No comments:

Post a Comment