Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Shattered Dark by Sandy Williams

I was soo excited for this book to come out.  The first book in the series (The Shadow Reader) was so awesome it became an instant favorite.  Perhaps my expectations were too high, or the first book became so awesome in my head that no matter what the sequel couldn’t live up to the image I had in my head.  Either way…I was disappointed and it makes me really sad to say that. 

I felt like nothing happened.  I bought this book the day it came out and starting eating up the pages, but I quickly found that it was a lot of running here, no sleep, no food, no time for Aren or for McKenzie to figure out how she felt and then we are going to hurry up and go somewhere else.  I found it really annoying that McKenzie kept up the whole “I don’t know how I feel yet” bit the entire time until the end.  The ending was the best part, but I only say that because I was for once, riveted.  I had to know what would happen next.  But now that I know the ending I am torn.  I was always Team Aren, but with this ending I don’t see how Aren can move past what happened! 
That is all I have to say for now, the ending was sad and the rest of the book was a lot of action that led to nothing.  I know this is a terrible review, but I can’t bring myself to talk about this book anymore.  I am definitely going to read the next book, and maybe with my expectations lowered I will think it is awesomeness incarnate again.    

No comments:

Post a Comment