Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Breathe by Kristen Ashley (Colorado Mountain Man #4)

5 Stars
I think that this is my favorite installment in this series.  I really like Tate (#2) but man could that guy be mean when he was mad and I thoroughly enjoyed Ty and Lexie’s (#3) beginnings but that guy has got a potty mouth on him, but I enjoyed every second of Chace and Faye’s story.  I loved how they both were pining for each other.  I loved how big of a nerd Faye was (I seriously read as much as her and like nerd shows) and I loved the way that Chace is a seriously good guy, but his protective streak is so big it’s almost a fault.  I loved the dual POV from Chace to Faye.  I loved that Faye was a virgin and how much that Chace appreciated this.  I loved the get-togethers with all the other mountain men.  I loved Deck and hope to get his story too. 
This book picks up where Lady Luck left off and the town is still trying to pick itself up.  The Elite are still out there and their dirt is still floating around and they want it back!  There is a side story with a little boy that brought tears to my eyes (that does not happen often folks).  Chace and his father are not bosom buddies and the night that Faye meets his mom and Chace gets upset and tries to be a turdling to my darling Faye was not awesome, but it was awesome how she handled it.  Perfect!     
That is all I’m gonna say.  It was great.  Loved every second of it. 
There is a little bit too much of the big speeches being made all around.  People don’t generally talk like this.  
Favorite quote:
“You’re beautiful, a good kisser, this is our first date, my bed is in the room, I’m nervous as all heck, and I just thought I was going to die chocking after spitting out gum so no, I’m not all right.”  --Faye Goodknight to Chace Keaton

No comments:

Post a Comment