Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs (Alpha and Omega #2)

5 Stars
Every once in a while I read a book that has been sitting on my kindle for ages and ages and when I get done, I think to myself, “self, why in the world did you wait so long?”  Of course I have no good answer to myself and I really should know better with Patricia Briggs.  I love her stuff!
This book takes up with Anna and Charles on their way to a conference for a good chunk of the alphas of the world.  Bran has sent Charles in his stead to discuss with them his plan to bring the werewolves out into the public eye.  There is a lot of tension with that many alphas together and not all of them have good blood with Bran and/or Charles.  We learn pretty quickly that one of the wolves is involved in subterfuge, but to what end?  Anna and Charles got to know one another more and the reader (and Anna) gets to see that being an Omega does not make her weak.  She is coming into her own and it was awesome to see a character who had been excessively victimized previously who is able to get some strength back and fight for herself and her mate.  Loved it!  I wish that Anna and Charles would get even closer but Ms. Briggs brings people together at her own pace. 
I hear that I must quickly read “Fair Game” before “Frost Burned” comes out on March 5th (yes, it has also been sitting on my kindle for ages and ages!) so I think that is up next!
Favorite Quote:
“Women are the blood thirsty sex,” said Ric sadly.  “We get the reputation, but it is only because the women stand behind us, and say, ‘Kill it.  Squish it.’

No comments:

Post a Comment