Saturday, June 1, 2013

Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning (Fever Series #2)




5 Stars

Ok, so if I liked the first book in this series, I absolutely loved this book. I keep trying to get people to tell me if Mac will end up with Barrons! No one is talking! Spill the beans people…I need to know.

This book takes off where the first one left off. Mac is still living at Barrons Books and Baubles. V’lane is still trying to “sex her up”. She meets a couple cute boys and realizes that she can’t have anything normal with them and walks away. Mac meets Dani, who is also a sidhe-seer, and discovers that the old woman who has abandoned her twice to die at the hands of the fae is in charge of all the sidhe-seers and incidentally wants to be in charge of Mac too. Mac still doesn’t know who to trust and on top of everything she is seeing what looks like the Grim Reaper watching her every move!

I can’t talk about the climax for the book because that would mean divulging who the big baddie is and that, my friends, is a surprise! But Mac gets into big trouble again (bigger than in Darkfever) and must find a way to survive this last one.

I absolutely loved the sexual tension that occasionally popped up between Mac and Barrons. My personal thoughts are that she can trust him even though he is obviously hiding a lot and can be quite violent with her. He said he would keep her alive and I believe him. I don’t know what he wants with the sinsar dubh but I can’t believe he won’t do something to save the world with it. Perhaps, like Barrons told Fiona, I am looking for a hero in someone who is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment