Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Twice Tempted: A Night Prince Novel by Jeaniene Frost (Night Prince #2)

4.5 Stars
There is soooo much that happens in this book and I think most of it would be spoilers.  I’m not even sure I can put my favorite quote in because that might have spoilers too!  This book takes up right where the last one left off.  We get the impression at the end of the first book that Vlad is being a bit distant and he continues this way into the second book.  Blah, blah, blah, I can’t even say what happens, but Leila ends up back with Marty, but then something happens and Leila is looking for a killer with Maximus who is supposed to protect her.  We all remember how Maximus feels about her…trouble!  Anyway, just like the last book we can trace all this trouble back to Vlad, the little rascal!  I think that is all I can say…
As I mentioned in the review for “Once Burned,” I forgot how much I enjoy this author’s writing!  I read so many Indie authors (and I still love you guys) that I forget what a good editor and an experienced author can add to the story line.  I think my one complaint is that soo much happened in this novel.  It definitely wasn’t boring, and I am not even convinced it is a complaint.  I didn’t expect it so maybe it’s a good thing!
I’ve decided to put one of my favorite quotes out there, but I am not going to say who is saying it to whom…
“No one feels like you do, so every brush of your skin is a cruel reminder of what I’ve lost.  I can barely stand the sight of you because you’re more beautiful than I’ve allowed myself to remember…”

No comments:

Post a Comment