Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Romancing the Dukes: Castles Ever After by Tessa Dare


3.5 Stars

I positively LOVE Tessa Dare, but this was not my favorite of her books.  It was still above average and I look forward to the next book in the series.  In fact, I have pre-ordered it.  I think one of my least favorite aspects of it is that the main character, Izzy is constantly referring to how unattractive she is.  It matters very little to the hero (Ransome, the Duke of Rothbury), but nevertheless, firstly I prefer my heroines to be pretty.  I don’t want to read a romance book about someone unattractive.  I have enough of dealing with real life, I read for the adventure, for the escape. Everyone likes a main character they can identify with and I personally don’t WANT to identify with someone who is ugly.  I liked the rest of the character development. 

I absolutely loved that Izzy’s father had created this cult of followers of his writings that were quite fantastical.  I loved the nerdiness of this group of people.  It was quite endearing.

Izzy receives a letter from a man that claims that she has been left a castle.  Only upon arriving she finds the castle is being lived in and it is derelict.  What ensures is a quite amusing tale of the current resident of the castle (the Duke) trying to oust Izzy and Izzy being certain she is the rightful owner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment