Thursday, October 16, 2014

Lady Wicked by Delle Jacobs


3 Stars

I have read quite a few Delle Jacobs books.  It has been a while so I can’t remember if the rest of them felt so drawn out.  I really loved the character development.  I loved the turn of events at the ending, but I felt like a lot of the middle could have been left out or summarized better.  The parts with Chester were probably the most frustrating.  I think the author was trying to get across the fear in Lady Wychham as a result of her abuse, but it didn’t come across the pages. 

Lady Wyckham has been cast aside by her husband (whom it is immediately clear, is not likeable).  She is actually cast aside in a village that is basically run by Lord Savoury who is her nemesis.  Everyone in the villiage (including Lord Savoury) thinks that Lady Wyckham was caught in an affair and that is why she was cast aside.  Davina (Lady Wyckham) is just glad to be on her own.  She plans to grow her own herbs to sell and make a living.  The rest of the story follows the relationship between Savoury and Davina and how the villagers change their opinion about her.  There is a nice twist at the end, but in my opinion it took too long to get there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment