Sunday, October 26, 2014

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass) #2)



4 Stars

I became obsessed with the Throne of Glass series a while ago.  I started with all the prequels which are amazing and a necessity of you want to fully understand the heroine: Celaena Sardothien.  The only reason that this book (which was in fact amazing) was that I stopped half way through because it felt like it was getting really predictable.  I didn’t finish it for many months, but let me tell you that the book did not go anywhere near where I thought it would.  If the middle didn’t drag for just a bit I would have kept reading and been blown away.  I plan to read the third book very soon so I can see where things are going. 

After reading the books description it will be very difficult to give any sort of synopsis without giving anything so I will have to be very brief.  Celaena wins the competition to become the king’s champion.  This basically means that she does his bidding and by this I mean that she kills whoever the king orders her to kill.  From the previous books we know that Celaena does not like or trust the king so to be his champion is difficult for her.  Winning the competition to be his champion meant she didn’t have to go back to the slave mines to die there, but winning means she must kill those who oppose the king. 

The only other thing I can say is that she chooses between the prince and Chaol.  This is where I lost interest.  I was glad that Celaena could find some happiness but it was obvious that this secret tryst would be found out.  I thought this was predictable and lost interest.  However, it wasn’t found out by whom I expected and the turn of events was anything but predictable. 


I can’t wait to read the next one.  We find out so much more about Celaena’s past.  Now that I am thinking about it, we really didn’t find out a lot, but what we found out was HUGE!  There are hints of this in the previous books, but I still wasn’t ready for it when it happened.  It changes everything for Celaena.  

No comments:

Post a Comment