Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Shadowed Threads: A Rylee Adamson Novel (Book 4) by Shannon Mayer


5 stars


I read the first three books about a month ago so I lucked out that I didn’t have to wait long for book 4, however, now I am not so lucky. The story is far from over and now who knows how long I will have to wait. This is becoming one of my favorite urban fantasy series (behind Ilona Andrews of course). I am really glad that I picked up the first one a while ago.

Summary:

Hmmm, where to begin…

Rylee is still in England. She is staying with Jack (the only other tracker she has ever met), but he is stalling and not teaching her a darn thing. Liam is out there somewhere as a wolf. She needs to find him and bring him back. However, everyone (Jack, Doran, Milly, Faris) say that Liam can’t be brought back. But Rylee still needs to find him. Alex, Eve and Pamela are still there. Will is present in the beginning for a hot minute but disappears rather early. Dr. Daniels brings about more trouble and Rylee has a guardian who is trying to kill her. And by that I mean that he has been bound by magical means and ordered to kill her and he has a one track mind. There is so much more than happens…there are dragons, a vampire nest, Milly continues to be a crazy demented witch, and Berget…Berget is back! Gah!

Thoughts:

I loved everything about this book. I can’t think of anything that I want to change. Oh, wait, I can. I wish the books were longer and that the author could write faster (who needs sustenance and sleep?)

Favorite Quote:

“The devil will tell you nine truths, so that you’ll believe one lie.”

This was something that Giselle (her mentor) used to say to her and it is basically the theme of this book. Whom can Rylee trust?

No comments:

Post a Comment