Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Fire Inside: A Chaos Novel by Kristen Ashley (Chaos #2)


3.5 Stars

This is the second book in the Chaos Series, but it is really the third book since you should read Motorcycle Man first then start the Chaos Series.

This book follows Hopper Kincaid and Lanie Heron. Lanie is the best friend to Tyra (the heroine from Motorcycle Man). To understand Lanie’s story you absolutely must read Motorcycle Man first! That is an order! Lanie is still recovering, years later from her ordeal in Motorcycle Man. The physical scars have healed, but she is an emotional wreck! She approaches Hop for a one night stand. He declines as she is Tyra’s best friend, but Lanie convinces him. Then Hopper decides he wants more. Then she calls it off, then he calls it off, then she calls it off, then he calls it off, then it ended.

I liked that it happened simultaneously with Own the Wind. However, I felt like it ended suddenly and that nothing further happened with Benito since what we read in Own the Wind. Because of this, I felt ripped off. I wanted more action and danger!

Favorite Quote:

When he was done, he pulled me straight, crouched in front of me, wrapped his arms around my thighs, lifted me up and roared, “This is my woman!”

No comments:

Post a Comment