Monday, July 15, 2013

Until the Sun Falls from the Sky by Kristen Ashley

4 Stars

I had been putting off this book. I’ve had it for a while. I will tell you after my brief summary why I was putting it off.

Leah is a Buchannan. This means her family has been in the vampire concubine business for 500 years and their family was the first to sign up with the vampires. The vampires have made feeding very sophisticated. They go to a ceremony where they pick out their next concubine and everyone signs a contract. There is not funny business between concubine and vampire, only feeding. But Lucien has been waiting for 20 years for Leah to be his concubine and he will not allow anyone to tell him what he can and can’t do with her.

The reason I had been putting this off is that Lucien has a vampire mate, Katrina. Obviously, Katrina doesn’t like Leah, but I shouldn’t have doubted Kristen Ashley’s ability to make this situation work. I don’t like the idea of the hero being with two women at once, but don’t worry this is a non-issue in this book.

I really enjoyed this book. It isn’t the typical KA book, but I happen to love PNR so reading about vampires wasn’t off-putting for me. My biggest complaint with the storyline is that vampires and humans can’t mate. Lucien knows that Leah is falling in love with him and how he reacts to her when she tells him this is devastating! I felt so awful for Leah!

I went right out and bought the second book in the series and I think that I will like this next one even better than this one. Although, I have been putting off reading that one too because I read that the heroine has a terminal illness! I should have more faith. Kristen doesn’t write sad stories. They may break your heart in the middle, but there is always a happily ever after!

Favorite Quote: (Lucien and Leah talking)

“You can’t stalk what’s yours,” he returned.

I looked at his shirt. “Yes, I suspect that’s what all the stalkers say.”

No comments:

Post a Comment