Monday, July 22, 2013

Priceless by Shannon Mayer (Rylee Adamson #1)



4 Stars

I got this e-book a while ago, but my TBR shelf is as big as a mountain so it has taken me a while to get to it. I was absolutely pleasantly surprised. I think I either got it for free (with an Amazon promotion) or paid $0.99. I scarfed it down in two days! The world building was wonderful and the details were brilliantly fleshed out. As soon as I finished it I went and got the second book.

Brief Summary:

Rylee Adamson is a tracker and she is immune to magic. Ten years ago when she was sixteen, her adoptive sister was kidnapped and never found. Everyone thought Rylee did it…even her adoptive parents! So Rylee has been mostly on her own since that time. She does have a friend Milly, who along with her was taken in by a woman named Giselle. Rylee has dedicated her life to finding lost children. This story picks up with Rylee taking the job of finding a little girl who was taken under the same circumstances as her sister. An FBI agent, Liam O’Shea has been on her trail, determined that she killed her sister for the past ten years and he makes himself a nuisance once again.

Rylee has a werewolf for a pet, named Alex who is one of my favorites. He is so cute and innocent; you can’t help but love him. I didn’t like her friend Milly, but I am guessing that the issues between Rylee and Milly were to demonstrate that their friendship is so strong it will survive anything. Milly just wasn’t very likeable. I had a hard time visualizing Agent O’shea. I have no idea how old he is but he has been following her for at least 10 years. I think I just needed some more descriptions of him to find him the object of Rylee’s desires.

I can’t wait to read the next one. I hope it is as good as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment