Sunday, December 2, 2012

Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think by Brian Wansink


I read this book for work.  It was one of my goals this year.  I am an oncology dietitan by day since my husband seems to think that we need actual food to eat and books just won’t cut it (pah!). 

I was amazing!  I absolutely loved it.  I have presented his information 3 different times to other dietitians and doctors.  It is so interesting that I even got my doctors to engage in dialogue with me about it.  It is easy enough that anyone can read it and understand it, but it is interesting enough to keep anyone engaged.  It provides practical tips to change our eating in small ways that we won’t feel like we are depriving ourselves.   I have already requested that three of my patients read it for themselves and my boss can’t wait until I finish it to read it for herself.  We will be ordering half a dozen copies to keep in our office for people to borrow. 

In short, this book looks at why people eat and why they eat so much.  It is just theories, it is backed up by studies that the author himself (and his team) have run countless times to get insight into our eating in almost every situation.  This book will change how I eat and how I practice as a dietitian. 

READ IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment