Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sixth Grave on the Edge by Darynda Jones (Charley Davidson #6)



5 Big Fat Stars for Charley Davidson!


Somehow this book snuck out without me knowing it.  It was released in May and I just know discovered it.  Very sad for me, except maybe it will make the wait between this book and the next seem smaller.  Doubtful though.  I am glad I started reading this series when there were already four books out.  I despise waiting for books. 


This book takes up very soon after the last one finishes.  Charley’s dad is acting funny.  He has decided to leave his wife (whose name escapes me right now).  Charley isn't exactly broken up about it since this same woman was beyond hateful to her for her entire life.  Reyes asked Charley to marry him at the end of the last book and we await her answer in this one.  Cookie is still after Uncle Bob who hasn’t made a move yet.  They come up with a plot to guarantee him kicking into gear and asking Cookie out.  I am sure you can guess how this turns out.  A man comes in seeking Charley’s help retrieving his soul (which he sold) to a demon.  We meet said demon who actually is playing a rather interesting part in this book.  We find out a little bit more about Angel and Mr. Wong.  Mr. Wong apparently is more than what he appears.  Very intriguing. 



So that is the book in a nutshell.  Anything more and it would have spoilers in it.  I can’t wait to find out more about what Charley can really do and Reyes role in all of this.  It seems like it is starting to come to a climax.  Goo! I can’t even handle it.  It is funny as  all these books are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment