Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Veiled Threat: Book 7 (A Rylee Adamson Novel) by Shannon Mayer

Veiled Threat (Rylee Adamson, #7)I was in the middle of reading another book (actually I was 85% finished) when I saw this book had come out; I snatched it up (on my Kindle) and dove in that minute. I absolutely LOVE this series. I haven’t read anything else by this author because I am nervous it won’t be as good. That is silly! I am potentially missing out on some fantastic reading!

This book takes up about a month after the last one finished. Rylee gets a break from fighting and takes a mini-holiday with Liam. The whole Liam-is-going-to-die thing was ever present and I am torn. I love Liam and so a part of me is hoping that all these cryptic comments from others about how Liam is more than a Guardian will explain the whole business. But I also am starting to like Doran now, but no wait…he can’t replace my Liam! It is so confusing and I feel like a teenager!

Orion is still the villain in the series, but we get a small glimpse of him in this book. We don’t have a lot of time with Pam or Milly but that is ok. We get lots of Alex (who is also changing) and that is awesome. I love Alex! There are a lot of new characters, both good and evil and Rylee gets to meet someone who is related to her.

These books always seem too short, but when it is nonstop action maybe that is for the best. I look forward to reading the next book and finding out what else Rylee can do. It’s all coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment