Monday, June 8, 2015

Seven Years (Seven Series Book 1) by Dannika Dark


3.5 Stars

This is the first in a series by this author.  I haven’t read anything by her, but I know she has other books out.  The main characters name is Lexi and she works at a candy shop.  She lives alone, but spends a lot of time helping her mom raise Lexi’s seven year old sister.  Then one day she sees someone who has been gone 7 long years.  Austin Cole was her brother’s best friend. Lexi’s brother died seven years ago and Austin left town right after that.  She has a lot of pent up anger towards Austin leaving their family when they needed him, but she is finding her long buried crush isn’t staying buried.  Lexi has other issues popping up to cause trouble all at once…a crazy ex-boyfriend, her mom and sister being kidnapped, her no-good father on the radar again and a handful of stalkers.  Austin is proving more useful each day and keeps popping up at the most unexpected moments and he has his own pack of secrets that Lexi must deal with.

This book was enjoyable.  I’m not sure if I will read the next book in the series or not.  I like books about shifters.  I enjoyed meeting all of Austin’s brothers which is what the subsequent books are about.  I just have trouble when authors choose to write the first book in a series about the most alpha-of-alphas.  The rest of the books are then about the less-alpha-alphas.  I feel like Austin’s book should be last since he is the head honcho with each book in the series being about a guy who is a little more alpha than the last guy.  Just my personal opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment